Caroline has also painted portraits and “social landscapes”often depicting misrepresented places inspired from living and travelling abroad (and have included cities in Slovakia, Pakistan, Iraq and Spain). In the past she has used installation, performance, film and photography in her work.
In 2014 Caroline was Artist-in-Residence at the Humanitarian Centre. In 2012 she was shortlisted for the Searle Award for Creativity for her book-art work and in the same year was awarded a Masters in Fine Arts by Cambridge School of Art. Caroline often exhibits in non-gallery locations and has shown her work at embassies, businesses, and in Parliamentary buildings. In 2014 Caroline took over a small estate agents in San Pedro del Pinatar in Spain to exhibit paintings of the town.
Caroline was previously the Director of Cambridge International Arts (2012-2015) and now works as a Painter at Damien Hirst’s studios. Sometimes she uses the tag “Caz” in her work.
Exhibitions & Shows
- April 2016: Part of a group show “Staff Only” at the Site Festival in Stroud.
- Nov 2015: Part of a three-woman exhibition of portraits of World War I soldiers at the Michaelhouse Centre in Cambridge. Part of the Festival of Ideas.
- June 2015: Solo exhibition of paintings “Motor Arts” at Wilton House Supercar event, Wiltshire
- Nov 2014: Solo exhibition in an estate agents in Murcia, Spain. “Mientras Hablamos” is a collection of paintings of the town.
- Jul 2014: Part of the “Ride to Cambridge” exhibition at Cambridge Contemporary Arts as part of a Tour de France project. Eight paintings exhibited in the main gallery and gallery windows.
- Jun 2014: Part of a group show “Obsession: Love, Ritual, Collection” at the Embassy Tea Garden, London – Installation piece curated by Charlotte Meddings.
- Mar 2014: Solo exhibition of drawings: “Baghdad Barriers & The Secret Message” at The Iraqi Cultural Centre, London
- Aug 2013: Solo exhibition of photographs “Motor arts” at Wilton House Supercar event, Wiltshire
- Jul 2013: One of 84 artists exhibiting in the “Dazed & Refused” portrait painting show at the Arches Gallery in Hackney in London
- Apr 2013: Solo exhibition of photographs “Motor arts” at the Event City in Manchester
- Dec 2012: One of 12 artists selected as part of “Text & Context” exhibition at Bank Street Arts, Sheffield
- Oct 2012: One of 25 artists selected for Cambridge wide “Text & Context” public art exhibition for my work remaking telegrams from Twitter messages which was shown in a Cambridge Post Office
- Sep 2012: Final Show for Masters in Fine Arts, Ruskin Gallery, Cambridge School of Art
- Mar 2012: The Searle Award Short-List Exhibition at the Ruskin Gallery, Cambridge School of Art
- Dec 2011: Solo Exhibition: “Travels in South Asia”, (paintings & drawings) at Sweet n Spicy, Cambridge
- Oct 2011: Solo Screening: “Another Face” (film) at Oxford University
- Aug 2011: Solo Screening: “Another Face” & Photographic Exhibition, Ruskin Gallery, Cambridge
- Jul 2011: Solo Screening: “Another Face” (film) at The Pakistan High Commission, London
- Apr 2011: Screening: The Mary Project, (film) at the House of Lords, London
- Oct 2009: Exhibition of 11 paintings: “Portraits of War Correspondents”, at Storm Fine Arts, Cambridge
- May 2009: Paintings exhibited as part of a group show “Bawa’s Lunaganga” in Bentota, Sri Lanka
- Apr 2009: Solo Exhibition of paintings: Portraits of War Correspondents at The Frontline Club, London
- Sep 2003: Charcoal drawings exhibited as part of a group show “Up Close” at Finomenal Gallerie d’Art in Colombo, Sri Lanka
- May 2003: Book Signing: Palmy Days (photographs of Sri Lanka’s children) at The Barefoot Gallery, Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Dec 2002: Charcoal drawings exhibited as part of a group show at The Bungalow in Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Apr 2000: Solo exhibition of paintings “Impressions of Bratislava” sponsored by The British Council at Galleria, Bratislava, Slovakia
Curation & Project Work
- July 2014: “Recycle Le Vélo” bicycle sculpture trail in Cambridge for the Tour de France
- Mar 2014: “Secret Art for Syria” – exhibiting specifically made art-work to raise funds for Oxfam’s Syria Crisis Campaign exhibition at St. Ethelburga’s Peace Centre, London
- 2013/14: Running a book publishing project including monthly workshops in all aspects of publishing at a secondary school in Cambridge
- Oct 2013: “Homes” competition finalists at Emmaus show rooms in Cambridgeshire
- Sep 2013: “Celebrating 10 years of Peace in Liberia” photographic exhibition for the United Nations at the Africa Centre, Cambridge
- Nov 2010: Curatorial Project “The Mary Project” at the Ruskin Gallery, Cambridge
- 2009: Portraiture project with “challenging” Year 10 students at a local secondary school
Arts Education & Awards
- 2015 Selected as a member of the Guild of Motoring Artists in 2015
- 2014 Long-listed for the BP Portrait Award
- 2012 Short-listed for the Searle Award for Creativity
- 2010 – 2012 Masters in Fine Arts (MFA) (Cambridge School of Art, Anglia Ruskin University) – full time
- 2011 PTTLS City & Guilds “Creative Communities” (Arts Council Funded, Momentum Arts, Cambridge)
- 1997 Awarded the Iraq Reconstruction Medal (UK Government)
- 1991-1992 Higher National Diploma in Art & Design (Bath College of Art)